Friday, September 08, 2006

IT'S GONNA BE A LONG ONE

Hey Y'all. I hope you've had a fabulous week! I haven't posted in a while so it's gonna be a long one. In fact, I might do two posts today just cos I have a lot to talk about.

I've had hard week but I'm glad to say that it's almost over, and I have made it through! And to top it off, my birthday is tomorrow. I cancelled my big celebration and have decided to be low-key instead....maybe next year I'll do a big one. I am definitely grateful that another year has come and gone and I'm healthy, and life is good, and really God has been good to me....so much that I wonder what I've done to deserve it. This year has been one of numerous miracles and goodness in my life and I tell Him all the time that I don't deserve it but I'm so glad and thankful that He thinks I do!!!!

WEEKEND UPDATE.........
I spent a fabulous Labor Day weekend with Low and Yuwa and met so many cool people....I was truly overwhelmed by the goodness and welcoming nature of all the people I met. I finally met someone I'd been wanting to meet for a long time as well and it was good to get that out of the way, so to speak. What is life without new experiences, and self-discovery? Nothing I tell you! And so I'm glad I lived this past weekend. Check out the pics below.



ROCKING PERIDOT AND RUBY
Speaking of Low, many of you know she is one half of the up and coming fashion line called Peridot and Ruby. She blessed me with one of the signature P&R skirts for my birthday and my wonderfully fabulous sister, MsMinx also commissioned a one of a kind skirt by P&R for me as another birthday gift. Everyone was coveting my skirts, especially the one of a kind one....so Low, please, let it remain one of a kind, ok? LOL. Needless to say, I'll be rocking them this weekend. Pics of them to come later.


MS NIGERIA IN AMERICA PAGEANT UPDATE
Re my earlier post From Pudgy to Pageants, I promised to put up pics of my girl Chi-Chi when I got them. Well, I'll do you one better. How about you head to the official website and check out all the girls. Chi-Chi represented Adamawa State. Let me know what you think of Chi-Chi, as well as all the girls, especially the winner.

MUSIC I'M LOVING
I just have to say that I'm loving Ms. B's album, B-Day. Why are folks dissing my girl? Y'all better stop now ok? LOL. My fave tracks are Irreplaceable, Freakum Dress, Upgrade you and Get Me Bodied. Here's a lil sampler of some of the songs.



I am also loving Lupe Fiasco and his new track, I Gotcha. Cute looking short boy too. LOL. I hear he's Nigerian. Any truth?



John Legend is BACK!!!! Adaure featured Save Room earlier this week. I just want to also say that I love the track and can't wait for his new album to drop.



Alright y'all. My next post will be in response to Yetty's tag. I hope you guys have a wonderfully blessed weekend. Try something new this weekend and come by and tell me about it. Or if you learn something new about yourself, I wanna know too. Peace Y'all.

"Life is our teacher. Life communicates with us all the time and it is a lesson to see how life continuously has led me to the people I need to meet, to the situations I need to experience, and to the places I need to be. There has never been any real reason to worry since all small individual rivers are already on their way to the ocean, to the Whole. It is not about swimming, it is about relaxing and to float with the river in a basic trust that life already leads towards the sea of consciousness, towards the Whole". Swami Dhyan Giten

4 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Wow... that's some serious "Freakum Dress" you have there... H-O-T!!! haha!

I will listen to B's album to figure out what the fuss is about!

Have a nice birthday weekend and we'll be expecting pics of your skirts.

Wale said...

happy birthday. hope you had a good weekend.

see low doing big things...that's why she forgot about us abi?

nice pics...y'all look great!

Icy PR said...

Err can a sistuh! get a P & R skirt I mean for real. LOW.. wetin dey lol I'll pay so I ain't tyrna be cheap either lol! Ms. May looks like you have a blast.. wanna see more pics in the skirt oya share abeg..

Ms. May said...

@ Londonbuki: Thanks!!!! And Beyonce's song implies that there are many reason for a freakum dress...me I wasn't trying to make anyone jealous o! LOL.

@ Walephotos: Thanks o. Low is def doing big things without a doubt.

@Icy: I will pass ur message on to Low. She def won't turn down any business...LOL. Maybe she can get something to you in the next couple months. We'll need your size and even a couple of designs you have in mind...look at me being an agent....LOL. Pics of the skirts to come.