Thursday, November 30, 2006

DEEP BREATH...............PHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

Hey All. How are you guys doing? I thought I'd post something on this final day of November. Where has the time gone?!!!!!! I vividly remember the beginning of this year, looking forward and wondering what the new year would bring and here we are almost at the end of it and as I begin to reflect, I have no choice but to be thankful.

The reason I haven't posted for a minute is because I've been busy trying to study but also trying to plan. To Niyi specifically, and to those who have encouraged me, I have not taken the GMAT. I have postponed taking it which leads me to why I am letting out a deep breath.

The last couple of weeks have been hectic. I attended two interesting MBA related sessions. The first regarding the Consortium, the second about a program called Management Leadership for Tomorrow MBA Prep. Both are programs that I want to be a part of and lead to the MBA. More on the Consortium another time. The ML4T MBA Prep program is featured in this month's issue of Fortune Magazine. It is a year long program that basically funnels minorities into top MBA programs and has an amazing success rate. It provides coaching, mentoring and guidance with essays, GMAT prep, interviewing and also gives participants access to admissions personnel at the top business schools and corporate personnel at firms such as Citigroup, Boston Consulting, CocaCola, and the list goes on. It requires an application and that is why I've been AWOL.

The first application round deadline was in October and they have chosen a little more than half the class already. The second deadline is tomorrow, December 1. Considering that I only heard about this program last week, I have been running around like a headless chicken trying to put everything together to get my application in before tomorrow's deadline. I had to get a recommendation letter, order transcripts, write 4 essays, and take a practice GMAT test, all in 3 days. This week has been hell, and there were times when I just wanted to give up but I pulled through. I completed the online portion of the application and had to mail some parts in. I ran to the post office this afternoon and just as I got there the mail was going out. I explained to the lady serving me that my documents had to be in New York tomorrow by noon and this wonderful woman held the mail so my application could go out today and get there on time. God gave me strength to persevere and ordered my steps so I could get to that post office right on time. Sitting in my car outside the post office I took a deep breath.....IN and OUT. The hard part is done. Now comes the waiting....till early February. So my friends, please pray for me. I want so badly to be a part of this program. I WANT IT. I know I was put in the position to hear about this program for a reason and I'm believing that as I speak it, so it shall be.

So, hopefully I'll come back soon to write something more interesting but this is what's been going on. To those who've been expecting a return phonecall - you know who you are - forgive me and we'll talk soon. I am so going to sleep like never before this weekend! You guys have a good one and remember to always, always, always BE THANKFUL.

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD. Difficult moments, SEEK GOD. Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. Painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD. - Don't know who said it but it works!

12 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

wow girl...i was out of breath with you...all that running around... yes...always be thankful...for past events...for the present and for what is to come...like your admission!

LondonBuki said...

Yup... BE thankful for what is to come - your Admission!!! :-)

It is yours already! Have a relaxing weekend :-)

Biodun said...

Its been a crazy week bah, pele dear. You will get into the program in Jesus name(Amen)

zaiprincesa said...

e ya..pe le oh. I know how you feel, cus im going thru the same thing. But once its done, its done. So, CLAIM IT GIRL!....You are in that program already, Ni Agbara Olorun( By God's Grace). Have a chillaxing and blessed weekend.

Icy PR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Icy PR said...

It is yours Lagbara Olorun. AMI AMI AMI.. So permission to harrass u this wkd? lol

Y

NaijaBloke said...

I can see some Pastors have already sanction it urs,so am just going to believe with u on that.

U have a lovely weekend o and where is our mummy's phone number now?..LOL

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Don't sweat the small stuff. Remember God grants us the desire of our hearts according to his will. I thank God for what he has done so far in ur life, and what he's about to do. Even if it's not that program, remember he has everything planned out in ur favor before u were even born. Have a blessed weekend.

Corri S. said...

That program sounds awesome! Like you said, I believe that you heard about it for a reason. Wow....you got all of that stuff done in 3 days!? You're a hustler!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I spent ages typing my meessage only to find it didn't show.

Anyways the Lord will grant you the desires of your heart so it is well. He has caused your boundery line to fall on pleasant places for you - so that position you want you shall have and remember He carries out the words of His servants and the prediction of His messengers (Isa 44 vs 26)so as you speak it it is yours amen.

SapphireAster said...

You are getting into the program i Jesus Name! I heard about it a while ago on facebook and I have sinc bookmarked the page but I dont plan on going to Business School till 2009. I plan on taking the GMAT right after graduation in June sha while my brain is still functioning correctly.
Keep us posted esp when you get the offer from them so we can start shouting 7 halleluyahs!

Bella Naija said...

All the best Ms May..
MLT is really a great organization...u know John Legend used to work there back in the day...
If you are interested in pursuing a career in finance after your MBA...try applying for a Toigo Fellowship - http://www.toigofoundation.org/toigofoundation/Content/FellowShip/ApplicationProcess.htm