Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Power of Positive Thinking

Below is a post I put on Xanga on July 18th.....I've just reposted here cos I didn't have the time to write something today but the message is still very relevant.

LA PRIMERA
So...my first real attempt at this blogging thing. I was planning on waiting till the beginning of next month to begin my foray into this world of blogging but I felt restless tonight and needed to write something. I have a lot going on right now....I'm packing up my life in Macon, GA to move to a new place, start a new job, and begin a new season of my life in Atlanta. When I think about the things that have happened to me in the last few months...all good, by the way, if I didn't previously believe in the existence of a higher power, I sure would now. As you get to know me, maybe I'll share some of those things but y'all.....life is so good right now in EVERY way that I can't complain. If anyone who knows me hears me utter a word of complaint, they should shoot me in the foot. Which brings me to the point of my first blog I guess.....HOW LONG CAN THINGS REALLY BE GOOD FOR? Will it all come crashing down at some point?

THE SECRET
I sure do hope not, for my sake. In fact, I know they won't. How do I know that? Maybe I am being slightly...ok, maybe extremely frou frouy and idealistic but in the last few months especially, I have come to know about the SECRET. And I will share it with you...FREE OF CHARGE, GRATIS, AT NO COST TO YOU. Are you ready? The reason why so many good things have been happening, and will CONTINUE to happen is because I try hard every single day to be positive, surround myself with positive people, and things, and most of all, to profess with my mouth the things that I want and believe that they will come to pass. It's simple really....not rocket science but then again, it's difficult because so many people find it so much easier to be negative...myself included. I had to begin to make a conscious effort to change my way of thinking and feeling and being. It all sounds very spiritual...and it is. This year for me has been about rebuilding and reevaluating my relationships with friends, family, and especially with God and that has helped tremendously.
http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000009.htm is a good place to start with learning about the power of positive thinking.

I didn't mean to come out so heavy but I guess this will be my first gift and challenge to whomever reads this.....the secret is really not a secret. We all know what it is but we find it hard to do. I challenge you to make a conscious effort to ease positivity into your life one step and one day at a time and see if things change. I guarantee you....THEY WILL. I'd love to hear from you if you decide to try it or already do it. Fret Not Folks...It Is Well.

"You can do anything you think you can. This knowledge is literally the gift of the gods, for through it you can solve every human problem. It should make of you an incurable optimist. It is the open door."- Robert Collier

No comments: